There is Madness in Melbourne.
The State of Victoria has officially been declared to be in a ‘state of disaster’ and they are waging war on fun, freedom and everything that makes life worthwhile.
Despite COVID-19 causing no more than the sniffles in most people, and being no more lethal than the seasonal flu, we have been stripped of our civil liberties.
In Melbourne right now, all joyful or meaningful human activities are banned and gatherings for fun, or for social or spiritual reasons have been made illegal.
• Children cannot play together and communal dining, singing, dancing, weddings, parties, sporting events, conferences, festivals, bush doofs, and all the things we look forward to and make life worth living, have been banned;
• Fishing, golf, camping, hiking and other outdoor activities are forbidden.
• We are denied access to beaches, parks, farmers markets and recreational facilities.
• We cannot go to mountain springs to collect water or visit the snow, or to hot springs to bathe.
• All businesses not deemed ‘essential’ have been forced to close, and many, perhaps even a majority, will close for good.
• Unemployment has hit record levels.
• All schools are closed
• All public saunas and bathing facilities are closed.
• Safe, low-cost treatments for COVID such as HCQ have been made illegal for doctors to prescribe and have been the subject of massive censorship and disinformation campaigns that suppress the voices of frontline doctors and involve fraudulent studies published in the most prestigious journals, and flawed trials conducted by esteemed universities.
• Government directives are making people sicker than COVID ever would and are literally killing people.
• Old people are left to die alone in nursing homes, and some are being actively killed through neglect and orders not to resuscitate or receive nil food by mouth.
• People in high density apartments are being deprived of sunshine and fresh air.
• Restaurants and farmers markets are closed so most people are left to buy food from the big supermarket chains. There are already many items unavailable or being rationed out and two local poultry farms have ‘tested positive’ for bird flu leading to chickens being destroyed. Like the meat processing plants in the American Midwest and the farms in California, the food supply is being targeted and food shortages may not be far off.
• Victorians are being imprisoned in our homes and are forbidden to engage in social gatherings, or any situations where people can talk privately and discuss what is going on. We cannot go out to visit family or friends or check on our loved ones or our businesses.
• We cannot have more than one visitor in our home at a time, and police can randomly enter and search our homes without warrants and issue hefty fines. Just last week, police issued $26,000 in fines after being tipped off by a large fast food order and raided a children’s party where they discovered ‘illegal guests’ hiding in closets and under beds.
• There is a curfew from 8pm to 5am when we can’t go out, and if we leave home during the day, we can only do so for ‘approved reasons’ with only one person, for only 1 hour.
• When we go out, we must remain within 5 km of our house, wear a mask, be socially distant, and succumb to random police checks.
• If you don’t wear a mask or don’t have an ‘authorised reason’ for being outside we risk being assaulted and detained by police and many people have had their car windows smashed and been dragged from their cars after trying to stand up for their rights at police roadblocks.
It is hard to overestimate the negative impact of people being dispirited, chronically stressed and socially disconnected. I’ve spent 30 years as a doctor practicing, researching and teaching wellness, and there is clear evidence that social isolation and depression are risk factors for disease that are just as dangerous as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and smoking. Yet our authorities seem to have no regard for our mental health and a generational mental health crisis is brewing, with suicide rates being forecast to be four times higher than corona deaths.
Since the start of the pandemic, people all over the world have been subjected to government directives that reduce freedoms and suppress immunity. Economic pressure and uncertainty have forced millions of people into basic survival mode, and dehumanising control measures are treating us as if we’re all contagious, sick, and dangerous. There is a war going on against the people of the world that involves a psychological operation that is equivalent to mass torture.
And while compulsory curfews have emptied the streets at night, there are reports of planes arriving at night from China loaded with surveillance equipment. I wouldn’t be surprised to wake up tomorrow in a dystopian digital dictatorship like the one currently being rolled out in China.
The situation we are living through in Melbourne came on very suddenly and may seem extreme, yet, I believe this could be a taste of what’s to come for the rest of the world.
As they say, the future is already here, it’s just not evenly distributed.
Dr Marc is an integrative medical doctor, university professor and wellness trailblazer with 2 PhDs who has spent more than 30 years practicing and researching holistic health. He has published more than 100 peer-reviewed scientific papers and many books and technical texts on wellness and natural medicine and is author of the illustrated children’s book “The Beautiful Mare and the Boy Who Gave Thanks“. He is the Founder of the Extreme Wellness Institute and Co-Founder of the Bathe the World Foundation. You can find him at www.drmarc.co , www.extremewellness.co and on linktree.